Bike to Market, Maryville TN, August 5, 2023
Bike to Market sponsored by Jeff Roth Cycling Foundation returns to the Maryville Farmers Market on August 5, 2023. Joining in the Market will be the Blount County Health Department. Come learn about the valuable services, clinics and education programming provided for our community.
Smart Cycling Traffic Skills Course (2023)
The Jeff Roth Cycling Foundation is pleased to announce the return of Smart Cycling instruction.
Register now for the July 15, 2023 course
2023 Community Grants Awarded
The Jeff Roth Cycling Foundation is pleased to announce the recipients of the Community Challenge Grant Awards for the 2023 funding cycle
2023 League Cycling Instructor Seminar
Save the Date: The JRCF 2023 League Cycling Instructor Seminar at Henry Horton State Park has been scheduled for September 22-24, 2023
2023 Ride of Silence (5/17/23 @ 7pm)
The 2023 Ride of Silence as a "live in person event" scheduled for May 17, 2023. We will organize and ride from the Blount Co courthouse as in years past. Please arrive by 6:30 pm to get your bike ready as we will depart the parking lot precisely at 7pm with the bell-chime from the tower. Additional information can be found under the Events tab.
2023 Community Grants Awarded
The Jeff Roth Cycling Foundation is pleased to announce the recipients of the Community Challenge Grant Awards for the 2023 funding cycle. Each year proposals are solicited state-wide from local bicycle clubs and community bicycle programs to fund projects that promote bicycling as a safe and health form of recreation and transportation. This year Grant Awards totaling $12,700 were awarded to the following organizations:
1. Bike Walk Cleveland TN, “to support a Bike Maintenance Camp and safety classes for youth and adult riders”.
2. Hancock County TN Health Department, "to support the bike rodeo for promotion of safe cycling for youth".
3. Knox Metro TPO, “to support purchase and installation of bike racks @ area bussiness”
4. Town of Tellico Plains, TN “to support the Skyway Cycling Fest and bicycle round-up for the distribution of helmets, gently used-refurbished bicycles, and lights to area children 4 through 14 years of age.
5. Bolivar Cycle Academy, Bolivar TN, to support “bicycle safety education and basic maintenance instruction for youth riders.
6. Oasis Bike Workshop, Nashville TN" for the purchase of expendable supplies required to maintain the repair program for area particpants"
7. White Oak Bicycle Co-op, Redbank TN "for installation of public workstations in community greenway access points"
8. Cove Lake State Park, Jacksboro TN "for purchase and installation of a public access workstation"
9 Trevecca Nazarene Univ, Nashville TN "for purchase of bicycle helmets for youth workers participating in the "Tree-Cycle community tree planting program"
The Jeff Roth Cycling Foundation’s Community Challenge Grant Program is funded by proceeds from the Tennessee Share the Road license plate and supports the Foundation’s mission to promote bicycling as a safe and healthy form of recreation and transportation.