2022 League Cycling Instructor Seminar
2022 Community Grants Funding Cycle Closed
The 2022 Community Grants funding cycle is closed. We appreciate the support of all those who applied this year. Please look for the 2023 Request for Proposals to be posted in November 2022.
2022 Community Grants Awarded
The Jeff Roth Cycling Foundation is pleased to announce the recipients of the Community Challenge Grant Awards for the 2022 funding cycle
2022 Ride of Silence (5/18/22 @ 7pm)
We are pleased to announce the return of the 2022 Ride of Silence as a "live in person event" scheduled for May 18, 2022. We will organize and ride from the Blount Co courthouse as in years past. Please arrive by 6:30 pm to get your bike ready as we will depart the parking lot precisely at 7pm with the bell-chime from the tower. Additional information can be found under the Events tab.
Smart Cycling Traffic Skills Course (May 7, 2022)
The Jeff Roth Cycling Foundation is pleased to announce the return of Smart Cycling 101 instruction.
Please read full information regarding the course and registration under Events
Community Bike Challenge Grants Program for 2022
The Jeff Roth Cycling Foundation is happy to announce the return of its 2022 Community Bike Challenge Program. Access the JRCF Grant Application following this link.
Additional information regarding eligibility and JRCF expectations can be obtained by contacting Chuck Faulkner by e-mail or text message to 865-309-4008.
Smart Cycling 101
Smart Cycling 101 class was held at the Blount Co. Library on March 1, 2020
2022 Community Grants Awarded
The Jeff Roth Cycling Foundation is pleased to announce the recipients of the Community Challenge Grant Awards for the 2022 funding cycle. Each year proposals are solicited state-wide from local bicycle clubs and community bicycle programs to fund projects that promote bicycling as a safe and health form of recreation and transportation. This year Grant Awards totaling $6,100 were awarded to the following organizations:
1. Bike Walk Cleveland TN, “to support a Bike Maintenance Camp and safety classes for youth and adult riders”.
2. Elinor Ross Freedom School, Tennessee Tech Univ., Cookeville TN, "to support bicycle safety education and basic maintenance skill development "as a cultural enrichment for youth from low-income households”.
3. Bike-Walk Knoxville TN, “to support the youth bicycle education program Kids Love Bikes”
4. Town of Tellico Plains, TN “to support the Skyway Cycling Fest and bicycle round-up for the distribution of helmets, gently used-refurbished bicycles, and lights to area children 4 through 14 years of age.
5. Bolivar Cycle Academy, Bolivar TN, to support “bicycle safety education and basic maintenance instruction for youth riders
The Jeff Roth Cycling Foundation’s Community Challenge Grant Program is funded by proceeds from the Tennessee Share the Road license plate and supports the Foundation’s mission to promote bicycling as a safe and healthy form of recreation and transportation.